Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday, October 15: Hang Cleans and Push-ups, "Fran II, Part II"


Sometimes all the stars are in alignment, and you hit your mark. Today was that kind of a day, big time!

“Fran”
21-15-9 reps for time of:
Thruster, 95lbs
Pull-ups


Jacob 2:32 (PR)

Then 15 minutes of rest...

Five rounds for time of:
135 pound Hang squat clean, 15 reps
30 Push-ups

Nate 13:18 (95lbs)

Jacob 16:52 (145lbs)

Shane 21:41 (95lbs)


I think my T-shirt had something to do with my performance during the WOD's, but you can be the judge on that one.

I included some clips of my hang cleans during the second WOD, they were the best I've felt in a long time.

4 comments:

Craig Fletcher said...

Chris and I just watched that. GREAT!!! We wish we could do butterfly pullups. how do you learn em, just "do it?"

I had a doctor who is also trained in sports medicine tell me deadlifts are dangerous and should not be done.

Elgin Garage Gym said...

I would watch as many videos as I could of other people doing them and then started working on them in short sets 10-15 reps or so, just to get the movment down. Then it's just a matter of coordination and muscle memory. Once you hit a few in a row with good results you begin to feel the entire movement.

I have posted on the site 3 video's of Evan progressivly working on his butter-fly pull-ups ovee the period of a month or so and you can see a pretty good amount of improvement on his part and the major differences between kipping and butter-fly pull-ups.

Danny B said...

try reseting at the hang position after each rep, this will allow you to get stronger as opposed to using momentum to help you clean, weight on the heels

Elgin Garage Gym said...

Yeah I hear you Dan with Metcon WOD's it's all about the rhythm, momentum and speed of a movement, rather then the single power rep execution. I was just trying to pound out reps on this one, more conditioning then strength. Staying on my heels with squats where the weight is in front of me has plagued me forever.

Will keep it in mind.