Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wednesday, July 1: Open Gym

Do what you want today because that's what I'm doing.



So here's the hopper WOD in double time. Yep, that's it 11:04 with the start up on the rower and the stop after the WOD. Well who knows what the offical time is, +/- a few seconds, but who's counting?

Shane

2007 Crossfit Hopper

21:48 (90lbs Push Jerk)

Jacob

Smith Machine 3/4 Squat Jump 10-10-10-10
*After each set consecutively transition into,
Calf Raise 20-20-20-20
*After each set consecutively transition into,
Jump Squat, 12" 10-10-10-10

115-165-195-215

*After each complete squat complex set (10-20-10)
20 Med Ball Oblique Crunches

Weighted Lunge Steps 20-20-20-20 (total 10R+10L)
*After each set consecutively transition into,
Alternating Jump Lunge 20-20-20-20 (total 10R+10L)
*After each set consecutively transition into,
Low Squat Hold 20 seconds

75-105-125-135

*After each complete lunge complex set (20-20-20sec)
20 Oblique Plank Raises (each side)

Tricep Pull-downs 15-12-9-6
*After each set consecutively transition into,
3 Count Push-up 10-10-10-10

40-50-60-70

*After each complete set
15 Ceiling Grab Cunches

Tricep Kick Backs 21-18-15-12

15-20-25-30

Over Head Tricep Dumbell Extensions 21-19-17-15

60-60-60-60

I had fun with this workout, but the squat and lunge complexes really tore my legs up leaving them like jello. So I had to rest for a few minutes between complex sets. Once again I'm just kind of winging it here and have no rhyme or reason to my workouts at the station. The tricep stuff is boring but it can't hurt to do isolated arm workouts... I guess?

3 comments:

Craig Fletcher said...

unbelievable Jacob. You actually do rest on very short and rare occasions. Does that mean you are a human being? I was beginning to wonder. Next time I see you I will be tempted to take a scalpel to you to see if there is machinery under your skin, or is it flesh? Seriously dude, you need to get witm someone who REALLY knows the power stuff so you guys can figure out the form or whatever it is so you can do better on "Strong dude" WODs... cos if you get that, we'll have a guy from out of nowhere as the CF Games champion next year. Shock the world!!

Elgin Garage Gym said...

Thanks Craig, I hear you, I need to get my lift numbers up so I can seriously be competitive with this stuff. I still am toying around with ideas of how to up my squat, deadlift and shoulder press. Overall I’m pleased with things so far and Evan and I have been working with heavier weights and it’s been helping, but right now I just do what I do and try to have fun doing it.

I’m looking to plan a Denver trip in late September and/or early October and I want to get out to your place and hit up some driveway WOD’s, because those are usually the best one to do. Keep on keeping on Craig and rehab that shoulder quick.

Craig Fletcher said...

Cool... what about an oly lifting coach session or two? Just an idea.

Having you over for a driveway WOD would be humbling. I'm nothing! But it would be big time fun!!! Sean would have to come over too. In fact, I'd invite everyone I could so they can see Jacob Szafranski in action live in person.