Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday, August 12: Straight Up Linda... Triple Bars of Death!


"Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight
Bench press: body weight
Clean: 3/4 body weight

Set up three bars and storm through for time.

Shane

DL 180
BB 75
Clean 90

27:50

Nate:

Road bike 21mi
1:18:34.0

then,

Deadlift 185
Bench Press 105
Clean 95

17:40

Easy bike home for active recovery and cooldown

As far as I can recall I think this is the first time I've done Linda since I started CF last year. Today made me realize just how far I've come in that year. This time last year the weights I chose for today were my 1RM if not less. Even today I thinking I could have up-ed my weight on the cleans as they all flew up flawlessly. Last year I would have struggled for one. Sometimes the best progress you make is the progress you don't realize you've achieved because it makes it all the more glorious when you finally see and can dedicate yourself to pushing yourself even further.

"Straight Up Linda"

55 reps of each movement for time: (Complete all reps consecutively before moving on.)

55 reps Deadlift, 1 1/2 body weight
55 reps Bench press, body weight
55 reps Squat Clean, 3/4 body weight

Set up one bar and storm through for time changing the weights as you go. Do not stop the clock for weight changes.

Jacob 27:57 Rx'd+

Body Weight 171lbs
Deadlift, 275lbs
Bench Press, 175lbs
Squat Clean, 135lbs

I don't have access to 3 bars at the fire department so I opted for this approach. I thought it sucked a lot more, but then again I've only done this WOD once before and it was with power cleans (36:00+) and I thought that was horrible. This was worse... In a good way.

Having a massive rib dinner with extra side helpings of fresh mashed potatoes and vegetables 2.5 hours before this WOD is highly discouraged for obvious reasons.

No comments: