Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, January 25: SoCal Throwdown WOD's 1&2


I felt so bad today, think I'm getting sick. I spent the first 30 minutes watching Evan workout as I laid on the floor. He convinced me to WOD and WOD I did.

Did the first 2 WOD's from the SoCal OC Throwdown Games. I thought it went well. Evan kept me legit on the movements and reps so I'm happy it's over.

WOD #1 (10:50AM)

"Exponential"

7 rounds for time;
5 squat clean thruster
10 toes to bar

*Each round the weight for the thruster increases by 10lbs, it is the athletes responsibility to change the weight per round.

Jacob 9:00 Rx'd (SoCal's Top Time 9:14)
Shane 18:43 (45lbs-105lbs)

I was pissed I dropped off the bar on the very last toes to bar, would have been sub 9:00.

WOD #2 (11:30AM)

"Unbroken"

For time:
20 unbroken chin ups
Row 500m
20 unbroken chin ups
Row 500m
20 unbroken chin ups

*If an athlete breaks the chin ups or fractions them by coming off the bar at any point in the 20 reps, they have to start at 0 again, rowers damper and foot setting is up to athlete. CHIN MUST PASS THE VERTICAL PLANE OF THE BAR TO COUNT.

Jacob 5:35 Rx'd (SoCal's Top Time 5:12)
Shane 9:38 Rx'd

Would have been 3rd place on this one, and tied for first after day 1.


WOD #3

3 Attempts at Max Rep Double Unders:

Jacob 55-42-61

Was hoping to hit 75 again... would have really like to get 100 in a row. That would be awesome!

Going to do the next 2 WOD's tomorrow... hopefully if I'll feel up to it.

Evan did a whole bunch of work today, but always he never writes it down. All I know is that he did a awesome 230lb hang squat clean and then 10 solid reps of 155lb clean and thruster unbroken.

As Many Rounds As Possible in 15 Minutes of:
3 Handstand Push-ups
6 Pull-ups
9 Toes To Bar
12 Kettlebell Swings, 1.5 Pood
Evan 8 Rounds +3HSPU, +6PU

No comments: