Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday, May 2

This is how it's going to be today.



Warm Up:
Three rounds for time of: (followed by 3 minutes rest after each round)
2 pood Kettlebell swing, 10 reps
10 Burpees
10 Glute-ham sit-ups

1:08
1:10
1:12

Then...

Hansen

Five rounds for time of:
2 pood Kettlebell swing, 30 reps
30 Burpees
30 Glute-ham sit-ups

Jacob 25:58 Rx'd

Shane 35:24 (1.5 Pood)

Maribeth
21-15-9 reps of:
Thruster, 135lbs
Ring dips
Kettlebell swings, 2 pood

Nate 14:28 (95lbs)

Go hard and go fast!

I felt completely miserable today, despite not working out, but forced myself through this one. This WOD was devastating and sucked the life out of me after the first round was done. I originally planned to try to complete a round every 4 minutes and rest until the 5 minute mark, but by round three that was out the door and I was just playing catch up from there on out.

It’s all about mental toughness from here until the games qualifier. There is very little chance that I can improve on anything in two weeks time, and my movement is only as good as it has become thus far and my strength is what it is. Mentally however, I can improve greatly, even in short duration. Think tough, act tough, don’t stop, and you won’t stop, push as hard as you can and when it’s time to rest, push a little more, go for broke, and break your weak habit’s and overcome the sense of the fatigue you feel and don’t stop moving, no matter what. I have to hardwire this mantra in my head and believe that no matter how miserable I feel or perform I have to keep going, because that’s all I can do. That’s the only thing I have control over...myself and my body.

It’s all a head game from here on out and I know that my mental toughness is the most important area of focus from here until May 16th.

No comments: