Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday, May 25: 5K... and the winner is.



This had to have been the stupidest bet I’ve ever agreed to in my life. Within the first 2K I was contemplating quitting the race and/or forgoing the burpee portion of the run, out of fear of losing my life. However little did I know that Shane was feeling pretty bad too during his portion of the run. It was a photo finish on a death race if there's ever been one. Let me tell you after completing this race I immediately induced all sorts of bodily aliments onto myself, such as, but not limited too, diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, weakness, muscle cramps, anorexia, blurred vision, cold sweats, hot flashes, rigors and polio to name a few.

Words cannot describe how truly crappy I felt after finishing the race, but then again words cannot describe the look on peoples faces when I showed up to a 5K with a 40lb vest and started doing burpees in the street during the race. If you ask me I was a winner and a loser all at the same time, but you live and learn.

5K for time:

Nate 22:30 (Finished 70 of 709, 8th fastest in age group and gender)
Shane 30:49
Jacob 30:25 (40lb vest and 50 burpees throughout the race)
Stacey 34:56

Shane vs. Jacob… Jacob wins, this time…



No comments: