Thursday, May 7, 2009

Friday, May 8

I though it interesting to conduct an experiment so here it is...

How effective is Crossfit and how has my training progressed?

I've done "Grace" aka 30 clean and jerks (135lbs) for time twice in my life and remember both times vividly. The first time was 2:53 and the second time was 2:47, not bad but there’s plenty of room for improvement. So here's the experiment, I am betting that my Grace time is better, not even training specifically for this WOD just by associated movements alone. I know this doesn't sound presumptuous, but here is the catch, “the what if” of sorts. What if my Grace time is as good if not better then my previous efforts, but with the weight of 155lbs? Can it be, will it be, is the magic in the movement? Well I’m not certain if the latter will be true but I’m feeling good and it’s 11:32PM on a Thursday and I’m bored. So I’m going to hit up Grace right now and post my time, then I’m going to sleep for a few hours and then do Grace again at 155lbs in the morning and see what happens.

Who knows…? I sure don’t, but let's find out.

Grace

For time:
30 Clean and Jerks, 135lbs



Jacob 2:24 (PR)

Shane 3:30 (85lbs went with a lighter weight for better form)

Heavy Grace

For time:
30 Clean and Jerks, 155lbs

Jacob 2:57

No comments: