Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday, November 1: Crossfit Couplet, Wall Ball and Snatch

Thought I'd give this one a go after all the talk from the games. I just have to say that A. doing this event after all the crap they'd been through is insane, and B. that I did not meet the snatch standard of going past the knee. So I can't even begin to wrap my brain around the times that were put out that day, truly incredible.

Also my wall balls were low (10'2" ceiling) so I upped the snatch to 85lbs to make up for the lost ROM. I feel it got the job done.


PM WOD

Crossfit Couplet

3 Rounds for time of:
30 Wall Balls, 20lbs
30 Hang Squat Snatch, 75lbs


Jacob 12:40 (85lbs)



PM WOD

"Firefighter's Ladder" A.K.A. "Furno"

With a partner complete both an ascending ladder and descending ladder from 1 rep up to 10 reps, back down to 1 rep of each movement, for a total of 100 reps per movement, for time.

Push-ups
Walking Dumbbell Lunges, 60lb/25lb (1 rep per step)
Glute Ham Sit-ups
Dumbbell Push Jerk, 60lb/25lb
Jumping Chest to Bar Pull-ups

Jacob(60's) and Furno(25's) 48:00 (Estimate)

I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing that my ambulance partner for the day agreed to do this WOD with me. Steve, I couldn't have felt so miserable without you, thank you and awesome work.

No comments: