Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday, November 6: CFT and Pull-ups, Sort of...


This was the highlight of the day, Shane's PR deadlift. Way to go Shane! Other then that I felt miserable and couldn't do anything right today. This is what went down, but didn't really go up today. Next time...


With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

Jacob 23 Rounds (Unbroken until round 21) 276 Pull-ups


Ouch!


This is the left overs after all those pull-ups.


Shane with the big 290lb Deadlift!

Shane Crossfit Total:
Shoulder Press: 90
Back Squat: 200(PR)
Deadlift: 290 (PR)

Total= 580

2 comments:

Craig Fletcher said...

Jacob the Robot -

Crazy pullup ladder results. Nice. Shane, nice PRs dude!!!

Hey, I was reading something on the Rogue Fitness facebook site the other day and they were saying the best type of bar is bare metal, no tape. I have two, one had/has medical tape and the other is bare metal. I found that the bar I prefer is the bare metal one. The tape gives you too much grip and just pulls your skin apart. What do you think?

Elgin Garage Gym said...

I think you might be right, but my hands were a lot worse a while ago. Then again my hands are torched now anyways. I would have to test it out, but don't want to sacrifice my hands in the process. Maybe I could put Shane up to it, he's a good test monkey.