Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday, July 31: E.G.G. Packs Part II


Alright gang the fix is in... and the fix is good! I measured out all the ingredients I throw in to make these oh so delicious Elgin Garage Gym Packs, better known as E.G.G. Packs and here's the nutritional content. If you're curious I could figure out the sodium content and all that other info, which I'll probably do in the future, but this is just a start.

In the picture above you can see all the contents laid out on the cutting board and you have the turkey jerky, almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, strawberries, kiwi, coconuts, whole cranberries and apples. It’s a good combo with a lot of flavor and no sauce like traditional Paleo Kits so you can eat these without having a wet nap handy.


Calories 307 (132g serving)
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 34g
Fiber 3g
Protein 35g


If I were to vacuum seal and package these I would be able to sell them and ship them for probably around 110.00 for 30, which is almost half the price of 25 large Paleo kits (186.00 with shipping).

So let me know what you think, we might just be on to something here.

4 comments:

Whiteboard Daily said...

Man, I LOVE this idea. How long have you been using these yourself? How many do you usually go through a day? Are you dehydrating the turkey, kiwis, and strawberries yourself? Great stuff, Jacob. I really do think your on to something here. Especially at that price!

Elgin Garage Gym said...

I buy the fruit and jerky from an organic whole sale place, so anyone could do it. But I have a vacuum sealer now and could start cranking these things out.

Elgin Garage Gym said...

I think I'll make a batch of 15 and see how time consuming it is and I'll mail them out to people and see what they think. I'll send some your way.

As for consumption, I eat one pack a day whenever I know I'm going to be busy, which is pretty much every day for me.

SeanCW said...

Sign me up Jacob!!

Sean Weldon
7079 S. Columbine Way
Centennial, CO 80122