Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday, September 22: Double HQ Day


Alright here's the skinny... I want to do deadlifts so I'm going to do deadlifts.

Warm Up:
Stretch

Deadlift 3-3-3

Jacob 225-275-315

WOD #1
Complete five rounds of:
Deadlift, 3 reps
Max rep Handstand push-ups



Jacob
345lbs for all deadlifts
HSPU were 28-23-16-18-18

Then just set up for the WOD and went at it.

WOD #2
For time:
25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups
50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
20 Double-unders
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
30 Sit-ups
20 Hang squat cleans, 35 pound dumbells
25 Back extensions
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
30 Towel Pull-ups

Jacob 11:02

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I have been following your workouts and I was wondering what kind of diet you follow and how you formulate your programing for your workouts.

Elgin Garage Gym said...

Hey Dan, I try to stick to Paleo, but I seriously eat pretty bad. I still consume lots of milk with my protein drinks and I do somewhat regularly eat rice (like once a week). But I avoid processed carbs (no white breads), and sparingly eat whole grain breads. I try to consume 1.5 grams of protein per lb bodyweight which puts me at 255 grams a day (170 x 1.5 = 255). Then I supplement fish oil, glucosamine and a multi vitamin with every meal.

As far as programming I've kind of lost my way over the past 3-4 months. I basically just do whatever seems interesting or fun. Mix it up with the Main Site, OPT's training blog and whatever else I want to do. The only real things I do regularly now is stretch prior to every WOD and lift heavy in the to start and then close with METCONS, but even that changes depending on what other people who WOD at my gym do.

We like to challenge each other and that brings some random WOD's up.

Other than that, thanks for checking out the blog and I'd be more than happy to talk to you more about whatever it is that you're wondering about.

I'm trying to get into grad school so my WOD's are more erratic, but I still PR here and there so I can't complain.

Take care.