Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday, August 20: 300FY and 300, The Good, the Bad and The Ugly!


There's the saying, the good, the bad and the ugly. Well I was all three, good, bad and ugly and kenny was just one... good! We decided to do both Gym Jones 300 WOD's, 300 and 300FY. Kenny kicked butt on both and I was ugly-bad on the first one and then good on the second. But I'm happy I'm alive to speak about it.

WOD #1
300FY
Airdyne for Max Calories in 10 minutes (Target 300)

Jacob 200

Kenny 254



And yes my heart did stop beating in this picture.

WOD #2
300
For time:
25 Pull-ups
50 Deadlifts, 135lbs
50 Push-ups
50 Box Jumps
50 Floor Swipes, 135lbs
50 Clean and Press, 35lb Dunmbbells
25 Pull-ups


Jacob 15:02 Rx'd

Kenny 15:36 Rx'd

This is the first time I've ever done this one Rx'd, most of the time, even in crossfit versions of this WOD they often sub for the floor swipes. They're kind of dangerous if you ask me, but so is two 300 work outs back to bad, so what the hell? A floor swip is when you lay on the floor on your back holding the desired weight like the top of a bench press and then extend you legs out straight and the kick both of them up to hit each plate. 1 rep is when to touch both feet to one plate, return them to center and then touch the opposite plate. Real bad stuff they are, real bad!

2 comments:

Whiteboard Daily said...

Great day of training! I'm going to start checking the Gym Jones site again. It's been a while since I've been on there. Awesome job on the 300 WOD. My PB is just over 18:00 I think. The pull-ups and the floor wipers killed me. You may have already learned this, but taking a narrower grip on the bar, rather than holding wide, makes it MUCH easier and allows you to get many more consecutive reps. ...Not that you need any advice, you monster(s)

Elgin Garage Gym said...

Man... I wish I Knew that sooner because both Kenny and I went with a extremely wide grip. Next time we know.

Thanks Karl