Monday, May 10, 2010

Saturday, May 1: Regional's, the Good, the bad and the Ugly!


Well Day 1 at regionals was a less stellar then expected, but I did do some good things though.

Event 1:
1400m Run



Jacob 4:51

I figured I'd be slower at this in Denver, but still I'm a bit disappointed overall.

Event 2:
Max Weight Floor to Overhead



Jacob 245lbs (PR)


I was happy with this lift and know I got more in me. It was a power clean to jerk.

Event 3:
3 Rounds for time of:
500m Row
12 Overhead Squats, 115lbs
50 Double Unders


Jacob 13:10 (Did this one at Fletchers in 10:33)

I totally fell apart on this one and even used a different rope on the double unders which I think might have screwed me, but I did get all the OHS unbroken and snatched each first rep. Kyle Kasperbauer who finished 4th last year even had a hard time with this one, so beating his time made me feel a little better.


So I'm not doing too well overall, but there were some people who couldn't even finish, so I just have to chip away at things and pride myself on the fact that I made it through the day.

No comments: