Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday, January 6th

WOD:
4 Rounds of,
400m Run
15 HSPU (or 75# Shoulder Press)
(2) 15 Towel Pull-ups

Today was a busy and big day at Crossfit Szafranski! We had more people for the WOD than ever before, and some good times were had as well. Evan, Tim, Stacy, Jacob, Shane and Nate all dragged themselves down on this cold and snowy morning to do just what everyone wants to do on a day like that: run outside! Due to Jacob's homeowners association probably not being to fond of him throwing a climbing rope down off his townhouse roof balcony, we subbed towel pullups for rope climbs, 1 pullup for every foot being climbed. Tim started with his own variation of 4 rounds of 400m run, 30 185# DL and 30 Pullups. Unfortunatly we didn't happen to get a time but trust me when I say it looked brutal...The times for the WOD were as follows:

Jacob = 18:30
Evan = 19:25
Shane = 23:54 (w/ shoulder press)
Nate = 19:36 (w/ shoulder press)

Before the WOD, Jacob and Evan went for a pre-workout of shoulder press for 5-5-5-5-5:
Jacob: 135 / 145 / 155-4 / 155* / 155
Evan: 135 / 145 / 155 / 165 / 155



I am convinced, however, that 2009 starts my year as a psychic. Yesterday I remembered making predictions of muscle-ups happening. Turns out today was the day for that to happen! Shane "The Mountain" and Nate nailed their first muscle-ups today, and we were lucky enough to get it all on film!




4 comments:

JacobSZ said...

Shane "The Mountain" Nowak is the man. And I think if you look up the definition of agony on the internet that picture of Tim is on wikipedia. Flat out painful stuff, awesome work to all.

Rick said...

Good job to big Shane. I did the hang power cleans and got to 205#. I then did 5 Rounds: 135# thrusters-5 reps, 10 burpees 8:17

JacobSZ said...

Did 5 rounds of....
5 135lb Thruster
10 Burpees

6:45

Couldn't resist after seeing the tricities video. I recorded it on my phone and I ended up doing an extra burpee each round, but then again thats better then doing one less.

Rick said...

Jake I forgot to mention that the first picture of you is an awesome 'I have to poop' face.